Harissa Veggie Bowl
THIS VEGGIE BOWL INCLUDES HOME-MADE HUMMUS MADE WITH ROASTED CARROTS – YOU COULD INSTEAD REPLACE THE CARROTS WITH TOASTED WALNUTS OR AVOCADO.
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
175 g/6 oz tenderstem broccoli
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
2 tsp gluten-free harissa paste
40 g/1. oz hazelnuts
50 g/1. oz feta cheese (optional)
175 g/6 oz carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
. tsp cumin seeds
3 tbsp olive oil
400 g/14 oz canned chickpeas, drained
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1 tbsp tahini
juice of 1 small lemon
salt and pepper (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. To make the hummus, place the carrots in a roasting tin and sprinkle with the cumin seeds and . tablespoon of the oil. Roast in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes until tender.
3. Meanwhile, arrange the remaining vegetables in a single layer in a separate large roasting tin. Mix the harissa paste with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle over the vegetables, then roast for 35 minutes. Add the hazelnuts after 20 minutes of cooking.
4. Place the cooked carrots in a food processor with the chickpeas and garlic and process until broken down. Add the tahini and lemon juice and process again until nearly smooth. Add the remaining oil, season to taste with salt and pepper, if using, and process for the final time.
5. Divide the hummus between four warmed bowls, then top with the roasted vegetables and hazelnuts and sprinkle with the cheese, if using.
PER SERVING : 327 KCALS | 20.7G FAT | 2.3G SAT FAT | 28.3G CARBS | 10.3G SUGAR | 9.4G FIBRE | 8.6G PROTEIN | 0.3G SALT
Love the recipe? Get the book!